It was great seeing everyone at our annual Member Appreciation Match yesterday! Hopefully everyone had a good time…
I’m writing this email to invite all active members to a Special Membership Meeting to be conducted during our NEXT club match. This will be the annual classifier match being held January 6th, 2019.
At this Special Membership Meeting club members will participate in a vote on 3 proposed changes to the club bylaws. These proposed changes have been unanimously approved by the Board of Directors (BoD) and ultimately require a vote of the members to ratify the changes to the SDPS bylaws. The proposed changes are as follows:
- Annual Membership Meeting – It has been proposed unanimously by the BoD that the club move the annual members meeting (currently held in June) to the month of December to coincide with the annual Member Appreciation Match (MAM).
- The club bylaws require an annual membership meeting where club members have the opportunity to vote for individuals nominated BoD positions, as well as any other club business put to the membership for vote.
- By making this change, the BoD feels that it will help drive member participation in both the Member Appreciation Match as well as any club business involving the members.
- Notification for BoD Meetings – It has been proposed unanimously by the BoD that the advanced notice requirement be revised read “to no less than 10 calendar days for both Special and Annual BoD meetings.”
- The notice requirement in the bylaws for special or annual BoD meetings is currently too long.
- It restricts the BoD from calling meetings on short, but fair notice to BoD members in order to address pressing club business.
- Notification for Membership Meetings – It has been proposed unanimously by the BoD that the advanced notice requirement be revised to “no less than 27 calendar days for both Special and Annual Membership Meetings.”
- The notice requirement in the bylaws for Special Membership Meetings is currently too long at 30 days.
- This often can restrict the BoD from calling Special Membership Meetings at a monthly match for the next month’s match.
- At 27 days, this will allow the BoD to notify members at a monthly match that there will be a Special Members Meeting at the following months match.
In the event the January match is rained out, the Special Member Meeting will be moved to the February match on February 3, 2019. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding these changes to the bylaws.
Be safe, have fun, and see you on the range!
Sacramento Defensive Pistol Shooters